National Health Insurance

最終更新日 2015年7月8日 印刷

Interpreters are available when you need a help to take procedures at the window.

Interpreters are available on following days;

English:Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays  8:30~16:00

National Health
Insurance


Benefits from National Health
Insurance

National Health Insurance

Entry

In case that a foreign national stays in Japan, registers him/herself as a resident in Japan, but does not work and does not enroll any health insurance; the person is obliged to enter the National Health Insurance Program.The insurance covers the 70% cost of the medical treatment and the rest (30% of the cost) is your individual payment when injured or in case of illness. A National Health Insurance Card is issued after your entry. Make sure to have the health insurance card when you go to the hospital or clinic. Contact Health Insurance and Pension Division, when you are not sure if you can enroll National Health Insurance Program.

Things needed to be prepared
  • Passport
  • Document identifying the self (Resident card or Driver's license)
  • Personal Seal
National Health Insurance Card

National Health Insurance Card

Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

Entry by child birth

When a baby is born, foreigners are required to enter their new-born baby to the National Health Insurance Program when the parents have been its members.First, submit a birth notification and then take a procedure to enroll it.

Things needed to be prepared
  • Parents’ National Health Insurance Card
  • Document identifying the self (Resident card or Driver's license)
  • Personal Seal
Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

Notification of change

Please notify immediately in the following cases.

  • When your address or your name is changed
  • When entering the health insurance program at your workplace
  • When getting married or divorced
  • In case of death
  • When the head of your household is changed
  • When moving out from the city or leaving Japan
Things needed to be prepared
  • National Health Insurance Card
  • Document identifying the self (Resident card or Driver's license)
  • Health Insurance Card of your workplace
    (When entering the health insurance program at your workplace)
  • Documents verifying the date of your departure (When leaving Japan)  e.g. air tickets
  • Personal Seal
Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

Insurance tax

You are required to pay national health insurance tax which is determined based on the amount of the insured person’s income and properties and the number of family members. You have to start paying the tax for the month you move into Fukui city. When you receive the tax notice (dispatched in the middle of July every year), please pay at bank or a convenience store. Account transfer is convenient for tax payment.

Tax Notice

Tax Notice

Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

 

Benefits from National Health Insurance

Lump-sum Birth Allowance

It is paid to a person who is enrolled in National Health Insurance Program, when the person
has a baby.

  • Things needed to be prepared
  • National Health Insurance Card
  • Personal Seal
  • Bank Passbook
  • Consensus document with your hospital for the Lump-sum payment
  • Bills or receipts issued by the medical institution where your baby is born
Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

 

Lump-sum Funeral Allowance

When a person enrolled in National Health Insurance died, 50,000yen is paid to a person who held the funeral.

Things needed to be prepared
  • National Health Insurance Card
  • Documents verifying that the funeral was held
  • Personal seal
  • Bank Passbook
Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383

High medical expenses

When the bearing of your medical expenses in one month exceeded a certain level, you can file it and will receive the amount overpaid.

Consult the Section in charge.

Section in charge
  • Health Insurance and Pension Division   Phone:0776-20-5383